Drain and pipe clogs can be major inconveniences for homeowners. Recurring drain blockages can also indicate serious issues with your home’s plumbing system. There are many ways to unclog drains. But one of the most effective ways to keep your home’s plumbing running smoothly is the use of hydro jetting.
What is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is a technique to clean pipes and drains using water flow at a very high pressure. The equipment for hydro jetting consists of a hose, a nozzle, a water tank, a pump, and an engine. Through a hose fitted with a special nozzle to push water inside the clogged drains, the process of hydro jetting efficiently clears all kinds of debris from inside the pipes. From hair in your bathroom drains to grease, food and soap grime in your kitchen pipes; hydro jetting can remove all kinds of blockages from pipes and drainage systems.
The water pressure in hydro jets can be at 4000 psi or higher. The pressure from the water is so powerful that all grease and gunk from pipes clear out with ease. The water pressure also loosens up debris that can harden with time. Once the blockage is loose, it swiftly clears out from the pipes.
Hydro jetting is a technical process and must be performed only by licensed and expert plumbers. For instance, if you want to use hydro jet in LA, always call a plumbing company with experience and expertise is using this technique. If not done well, the high pressure of water can even damage the pipes in your property.
Benefits of Hydro Jetting
There are many benefits of using hydro jetting to clear drain clogs and debris.
• Hydro jetting can clear out even the most stubborn of debris with relative ease. Plumbers can adjust the water pressure depending on the nature of the problem. For instance, hydro jetting can even remove tree roots from drains.
• Hydro jetting can clean pipes by removing all traces of grime and grease from inside the plumbing. When the pipes are clean from inside, the chances of clogs are at a minimum. Various other methods of cleaning drains are useful in handling minor clogs. But when the blockages are stubborn, large, or really bad; hydro jetting offers a simple and powerful solution for such plumbing problems.
• Hydro jetting can be used on all types of pipes in both residential and commercial properties. It can be used to clear clogs from a property’s main drainage system. If you own a property, maintenance of all pipes and drains is of paramount importance and not only that are inside the house.
• Hydro jetting is an eco-friendly solution for cleaning drains. The technique utilizes only hot water. With hydro jetting, there is no need for any chemicals or toxic substances to clear clogs. When you use hydro jetting, you can be sure that you are not harming the soil and the environment when cleaning the pipes in your house. The hydro jet tools also contain filters that stop the dirty water from seeping into the soil. The filters can also capture the debris and prevent any waste material from mixing with the water or the soil.
• Hydro jetting is a cost-effective way to clear clogs from drains and pipes. It completely cleans the pipes from the inside and eliminates plumbing problems. Regular pipe cleaning using hydro jetting can help property owners save a lot of money in the long run.
Precautions with Hydro Jetting
Hydro jetting is a safe technique for unclogging drains. But if it is performed by untrained plumbers, the pipes or sewer lines can experience breakages. If the pipes are old, the high pressure of water can further damage them. So, it is imperative to always hire plumbing professionals who will first inspect the problem in the pipes and then use hydro jetting as needed.
For instance, if you are keen to use hydro jet in LA for your residential or commercial property, hire a plumbing company in Los Angeles that will use video cameras to inspect the problem and accordingly adjust the water pressure to clean the pipes.